You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Print Dialog Problems (split)

I have a Canon MG5250, quite old but still printing well. I designed a birthday card in Affinity Publisher but could not print it properly as the programme will not let me choose printer preferences to alter  the paper type to Matt Photo and select print from rear paper holder. I cannot find any way to do this and the printer will not print photo paper from the ordinary cassette. I also have an Hp Envy airdrop printer and that did print on photo paper in the cassette but only once then it refused. I have searched for answers without much success. Can anyone help. I was enjoying my return to Mac after years of Windows but I never had this problem there

Margaret Smith

• Staff

On macOS the print window is provided by the OS with the available settings the printer driver installed provides. Have you checked the Printers and Scanner Preferences to see if the driver has a utility installed to set the paper source and type? From doing a quick Google search I found some of articles that relate to your issue on the Canon support sites, however they are from 2015 using the then current version of OSX which Canon may of had an available driver for.

The option may also be missing if the driver being used is generic or provided by the OS, it's worth checking to see if Canon have any drivers to download from there site.