You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pen lag using AD or AP on Mac

Hi all, I recnrlty got a Huion HS611 pen tablet to try out and it has a very bad pen lagging issue. So bad its pretty much unusable. I have sent a video to Huion to try and get some help and I am awaiting a reply. So I decided to try the tablet with some other softwear so I downloaded Krita and to be honest it seems to be working fine. So has any one had the same issues and if so what fixed them? You can see from the clip how much of a lag there is.

I have to say I love AD, AP and Publisher, excellent programmes all, I really enjoy working on as a graphic designer but I was hoping to try and get more into the drawing side of things. So please any advice or help is most welcome.

Michael

• Staff

Hi @Miketipp,

Apologies for the delayed response here and I'm sorry to see you're having trouble!

Firstly, we always recommend making sure that the drivers for your Huion tablet are fully up to date - please visit the manufactures website and be sure to download the latest version for your model, then restart your Mac after installing the driver.

If this doesn't help, I'd like to confirm a few other things -

What are your settings under Affinity Designer > Preferences > Performance? (a screenshot will do nicely :))

What are the document properties? (ie size, colour format)

What is the brush size in use?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi Dan, thank you for your reply. Here is a screen shot of the affinity performance screen. I have the latest drivers from Huion installed, I even read somewhere to reinstall them again, so I have done this 3 time (no difference).

As far as document size it was A4, A5 or 200mm x 200mm (so not big files). Colour CMYK and various brush sizes. I also noticed it seems to get worse when I turn on the stabalizer feature. And like I said no issues when I use Krita so any help is very welcome.

Thanks Dan.
Michael

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 18.33.27.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Apologies for the delayed response here Mike, many thanks for notifying me to this thread as it appears I had lost 'following' status - meaning I wasn't notified of replies. (I've since corrected this :))

Firstly, can you please open your Huion drivers and select 'Digital Pen' from the top menu. Do you have 'Mouse Mode' or 'Game Mode' enabled here?

Now, select the Cog icon in the top right and then select About from the left menu, what version number for the drivers is shown here please?

I'd like to also check the performance of your tablet in the latest beta, as our QA team believe that performance many be better here. Can you please download the below beta and let me know if this perform better/differently for you?

Many thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Thanks for letting me know Mike and I'm glad to hear this is more consistent for you!

On 12/29/2020 at 7:45 PM, Miketipp said:

So where does this leave me now? Will there be a launch of this Beta version in the near future?

If you're happy to use a beta version as a daily driver then I would recommend this for the time being - the beta is due to be released to retail, however we don't currently have a public timescale for this currently, so I couldn't confirm when this beta will 'roll over' to a retail version at this time - apologies!