You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to open from Onedrive

Hello!

I am trying to get started with using Affinity Photo on my new iPad Pro. I have all of my Olympus RAW files stored on my Microsoft Onedrive account. 

1) When I try to “open from cloud” and choose one of the RAW files it just hangs on “downloading” forever until I force close the app

I downloaded the same raw file to the photos app and was able to import it from photos easily. I also then saved the same exact raw file to my google drive account and was able to successfully open it from ‘open from cloud’.

Is there something that I am missing with why it does not want to open it from Onedrive?

also, after I open a RAW file, it will then show the image preview thumbnail in the file explorer (e,g. Open from cloud on google drive) but before I open the raw file I do not see the thumbnail preview. Is it possible to set it somehow where it shows the preview of the file so I can determine which file I want to open to edit? Thanks!

• Staff

Our apps use the integrated Files app to interface with local and cloud storage. Check to make sure your Onedrive app is fully up to date as sometimes if they aren't it can affect the communication between the cloud storage and Files. Also try opening Files first and tapping the RAW file to see if it downloads.

The thumbnails are also not something we have an effect on, some cloud services will generate thumbnails for files on their system others won't until downloaded and sometimes it can depend on the file type.