You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when attempting to add page (page has different dimensions than existing pages)

pstrjds

Note: Font used in the document is Coval and can be downloaded here, it is open source:  https://localfonts.eu/freefonts/bulgarian-cyrillic/coval/

Processor    AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics, 2900 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

RAM: 32 GB

(I also attached a copy of the System Information file)

Attached are 3 crash dumps from Affinity Publisher and all produced doing the same operation.

Issue:

1. Open the attached document.

2. Attempt to add a new single page to the document.  Add the page before page 1 and use Master B as the Master.

3. Affinity Publisher will crash immediately.

I was not

Screenshot 2020-12-02 180105.png

LRB_single_page_layout_A6_.bg.afpub JeffShergalis_SystemInfo.nfo 70575138-a163-4217-930e-feccfdddde5f.dmp 2a7c5215-17bb-49a6-ba83-fab4681bdf75.dmp 324eb7b3-14f7-4f7b-9847-3acc7a2df453.dmp

I have actually reproduced it (assuming it is the same bug) in a different way, so if you want to pass this info along to the dev team, I expect it may be helpful.  From my testing/attempting to do what I was trying to do a different way it seems like this is all that is necessary.

1. Have a document with a facing pages layout and a few pages in it

2. Add a new master page that is not with facing pages

3. Attempt to add a new page using that master page.

It will crash

I am not definite on this, but I think I also reproduced it just adding a page that had different dimensions (basically two master pages with different sizes), but at that point I just scrapped what I was doing and created two separate publisher documents.