You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all,

New to AD and I've been searching for some information on brushes and the scaling vector artwork in designer. I am working on a piece that may need to get printed much larger than initially thought. So far I have avoided any graphic brushes, but I have some elements where this would come in really handy! If I have a piece that started out as letter size, but now will be printed around 30x40in (or thereabouts) how can I ensure that the brushes I use to make some elements remain sharp and are not pixelated?

Can I create vector elements and create a vector based brush? Instead of a png image use a svg (or other vector format)? 

I ask because in the past with AI (which I switched from) I created a jitter brush with my shape and painted along a path to sort of randomize some of the elements I placed. It was a fast way of filling certain similar areas in my piece.

Thanks for any pointers and help with this?

10 hours ago, el_reverend said:

Can I create vector elements and create a vector based brush? 

No.

You should keep as much as vectors as possible if there is the chance of scaling up the work. 

Also, if you have a vector you can apply another brush to it later.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Thanks for letting me know. Yeah that means I have to be very selective about my building up the artwork. 

Do you have any suggestions how I could use vector based object to cover a larger areas seemingly at random? Maybe via a symbol? 

From your answer to vector based brushes I am going to venture that there also is not way to have a 'symbol brush'?