You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Neat Image 8.6 Plugin won't open out of Affinity Photo

Hello, I'm having trouble getting the Neat Image plugin to work with Affinity Photo. It shows up under the Filters--Plugins menu, but when I click it, I get an error message that says "Neat Image, Internal Error". I am on a 2020 iMac, with the most up to date version of Affinity Photo, and am on Big Sur. Please advice. Thanks!

• Staff

Hi @briantium and Welcome to the Forums,

The demo version of Neat Image is working fine for myself on Big Sur.  Could you try reinstalling the plugin to see if that helps and it may also be worth contacting the support team at Neat Image to see if they are aware of any issues.

Thanks, but that still didn't work. I do have the most current version (8.6).

I did manage to install my old copy of 7.6, and it opens up fine...however it crashes every time upon saving! I sent a report to Neat Image, so we'll see what they say.

So close...