You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there. Just found out that you are restricted in terms of file location on iPad. Is there a logical reason why Designer and Photo do not support locations like Google Drive? Why is a proper exchange / sync workflow only allowed within the Apple ecosystem? Even iOS now lets you use Chrome as your default browser ;) 

I have to admit this is something that really bothers me too (being nice).

All of my assets, brushes, textures, and working files are in Google Drive, and it really slows me down that I can't open an .afdesign or .afbrush file directly on iPad.

I have an iPad Pro and two Windows computers, and one of the reasons I love your software so much is that I don't feel "in jail" with whatever I choose to work with, whatever. they are.

I really don't understand why we can't open or save files or brushes from Google Drive.

Is there a technical explanation or limitation with Google Drive on iPad? and why does it not work like Dropbox for example?

I really hope this is something that will be addressed in the near future.

Ps: To be fair, I am editing this post, because I just realized that I can import  from the app "Files" (on the iPad Pro) from Google Drive folder in Affinity Designer, it's downloading the file and opening it fine. But I can't "Import from the cloud" a file in Google Drive directly from the Affinity Designer app? So maybe it's me, but I don't understand the difference.

It's working for .afdesign file, but not for .afbrushes.

Edited by KlatzBoy
Adding technical details to the issue

• 4 months later...

I just purchased Infinity Designer for PC  and I too not interested why I can import a AFdesign format file to my iPad  from my iCloud Drive yet not my my Google Drive??

However I can export my work as a SVG file on Google Drive and that can be imported to my iPad without any issues.

Affinity Photo Version 2, Affinity Designer Version 2 on PC and iPad

Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

i7-7700K@4.20GHz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti