You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Artworks cut in small square layers

Hello Affinity community !

When I open some of my clients packaging PDF artworks with Affinity Photo or Designer,  I have a big issue:

- all images are divided and cut in small square layers

- there is a tiny space between each of these layers, so you can see these white lines on the oomed star

Do you have any clue about this issue?

Thanks in advance

Alex

small square layers.png

white lines.png

• Staff

Hi @AlexDlg,

Welcome to the forums and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble!

It would help to see a copy of this PDF document, could you please upload this to the below link for me?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/N8pnFaRNBDnAz1rwEe1a

Once uploaded, please reply here to let me know, so that I can investigate further. Many thanks in advance :)

Hi Dan,

Thanks! I have uploaded the file.

Note: I have also tried with Illustrator and it doesn't have this issue. So I guess it is a compatibility issue of layers between Illustrator and Afiinity Design. Sad, I prefer to use Affinity Designer so much more. 

Edited by AlexDlg
issue of name

• Staff

Thanks for the document, I can see the issue in Affinity Designer, however this is also present when opening your PDF in Acrobat, indicating it's due to how the document has been created, and not Affinity Designer -

image.png

Do you know what application this PDF was generated from, or can you expand on what you see in the document when opening it in Illustrator? (ie the properties of the 'star' shapes?)

Thanks once again!