You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Saving images to camera roll loses date and time

I get that I have to save my edited photos back to camera roll by export-share-save image,  but somewhere along the line I’ve lost exif data, most importantly date and time taken. This means when I save to my cloud storage it’s out of date order with my other images. Surely there’s a solution for this but I can’t find one despite the searching. If I could save directly from affinity to amazon photos it might not happen but there’s no way to do that either afaik.

FAC66361-C998-4BFE-B1A9-0485CA3C09EF.png

• Staff

When you open your original image, tap the Metadata studio to view the EXIF information from the image, it will have a Date Shot section, does it show the information? If it does, now open the exported image and do the same to compare.

I downloaded an EXIF viewer and the data is there at both ends, so it looks like the problem is at the cloud storage end after all. That’s pretty annoying, it only happens when the image is edited in Affinity. Other applications such as Lightroom and Photoshop are fine. Thanks for the tip.