You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Jerky

Not sure it's a bug, but probably overall rendering performance issue.

Moving and snapping are not really smooth in Affinity Designer for Windows. It feels kind of jerky a little, sometimes it's very annoing to use this software .

Here is a compare with Figma which works just excellent, smooth and fast.

I use latest AD 1.8.4 for Win10, but I experience that issue since I started to use AD. I tried to change preformance settings but nothing helps. The same issue is on my desktop and laptop.

My PC is pretty old but I don't think it's an issue, i7 2600k, gtx 970.

• Staff

Hi @Den_K,

Sorry to see you're having trouble!

I've tried replicating this issue here and I'm having a hard time seeing the same results as yourself - although my computer is more powerful than yours.

I suspect this is a CPU bottleneck, causing the slight delay in processing and rendering the document.
Firstly, if you turn off Rulers (View>Show Rules) does this help at all?

Secondly, following the advice of the below FAQ, does changing any of these settings help?

Thirdly, your GPU drivers may be outdated and the latest versions can sometimes bring performance increase/fixes to Affinity. Please download the latest drivers for your card directly from the Nvidia website, then when installing these select Clean Installation to remove any old versions of drivers that are installed. Restart your PC and then try Affinity again.

Please do let me know how you get on here!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!