You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashing using abstract Art

Hi

I'm having an issue when using abstract art. When I'm using vector Bruch tool to remove some of the Abstract Art, the program crashes. It's crashed at least five times. Is there a way of sending a crash report to you. I'm new to this so I'm learning....  I'm using the latest software.... 

I've just looked up where the crash files are, I can't find them.... So here is what i did.

1: opened a new file. (you can see the settings)

2: placed an Abstract Art file, via file/place  ( Abstract-paint-Vol-10-07.jpg)

3: moved it to fit the page.

4: selected Brush tool, changed size of Brush & ocup.

5: As i used the brush tool the Program Crashes..

6: after I've recovered the Document i go to use the brush tool and it crashes again after i go to use the tool.

Hope this helps

Thinking about it, would I need to reduce the Abstract file size?

This is the page settings in the photo...

Thanks

Screenshot 2020-07-26 at 17.03.49.png

Hi there

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Hi Darrenk2030,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Can you record a QuickTime video showing what you are doing please? I'm having trouble reproducing this here from your description alone. Thanks.

Hi there! MEB - Like Darren I too have encountered very similar problems with the Vector paint brush in designer over the last couple of days. gave up trying to use it after 3/4 crashes. Crash reports gone to Apple. Currently using 1.8.3 on a MBP running Mac Os 10.13.6. Admittedly not used Designer for a while now maybe earlier in year sometime but not encountered this problem before. Was only inking a sketch with no other major app open, was however using a Wacom Cintiq 24QHD. Any help assistance would be appreciated .

Many thanks John

Affinity Designer_2020-07-26-172401_Johns-MacBook-Pro-2 copy.crash

Edited by John Saddington
Added Crash report

Hi 

I've just tried to replicate with Quick time recording, but it's not crashed...... I'll try again tonight & if it does it again I'll record it & sent the video to you.... but i did restart the computer last night.. 

Thanks for replying, will keep you updated.

Thanks

Darren