You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Line profile - pressure

I'm looking to get the right effect on a line.

Please see the image called 'line width'.

Afinity allows me to use the 'Pressure' setting.

But, the control, from what I can see, is not allowing me to do what I want to do.

Please see the image attached called 'Afinity Line'

I can move the points on the outer edges. But, if I move the one on the left, then the one on the right moves as well. And vice versa.

I added an extra point and I can now move that down to make that side of the line thinner than the other end. But the extremity on that side is still thicker. When what I need is for it to get thin to a point where it cannot be seen.

So, can the effect shown in the image called 'line width' be achieved in Afinity?

post-809-0-02455000-1411155778_thumb.png

post-809-0-05377200-1411155786_thumb.png

• Staff

If you click to select one of the end points, they draw with a little dot in them to show they are linked (if they were already at the same vertical position). Click again and they'll unlink so you can move one without the other. Alternatively, just click with Alt held down to select one without linking the other.

I'm not 100% certain this is a perfect solution, so I'm open to suggestions, but I wanted to allow easy linking (and for it to be the default) because if you choose to close the path (or started from a closed curve) then you'll end up with a disjointed bit at the start/end where they're at different widths unless you'd got them linked to each other, if you see what I mean?