You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Moving afpub file to another computer lowers raster resolutions?

Probably your images are Linked (not Embedded), and either they are not on the new computer or the path to reach them has changed.

When you Opened the .afpub file you should have gotten a popup about missing files. If you respond Yes to that you'll get a dialog where you can locate them, and if they are all in the same directory you should be able to find the first one an Publisher will find the rest automatically.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thank you, Walt. I tried embedding them, but that didn't work. The images were originally contained in an InDesign file (.idml), so I don't have individual files to link to. I tried linked directly to the IDML file but that didn't work. Do I have any other options?

If you open the Resource Manager (Document > Resource Manager) on the original computer do they show as Embedded or Linked?

If they're Linked, you should have access to them, and the Resource Manager would show you where they are. At that point, you could select them (in the Resource Manager) and Embed them, or you could select them and then Collect them. If you Collect them, that will create a new folder with a copy of the image files, which you can transfer to the new computer with the .afpub file.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

You're welcome :)

-- Walt
PC: