You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adjust current colour hotkeys

One nice feature I've seen in another paint program is hotkeys to nudge the luminance, saturation and hue, one way or the other, of the current colour.  For example, tap this key to make the current colour a notch darker.

This was a really convenient and useful way of quickly adjusting the colour you are about to lay down, rather than having to always move over to the colour wheel/sliders and adjust.  It allowed controlled variation of the colours you'd apply.

Yes, there's the burn/dodge tools, and dynamic randomization of brush properties... and those are great and should be there.  But, this was an additional useful feature, which allowed you to quickly adjust colours you are about to lay down, in a controlled way, without having to switch tools or move over to the palette.  I found it a really excellent addition when it was done via keyboard shortcuts.  I'd love to see the ability to assign shortcuts to 'brighten current colour a notch, darken current colour a notch, saturate current colour a notch, etc...'.