madPXL

Laggy paint brush input after zoom in/out

Each time I zoom in / out on my A4 canvas I have some delay for the first paint brush input (both with wacom tablet and mouse). I don't have this problem on Affinity Photo. (Same config, same brush, same canvas)

With smaller canvas it's better but I also feel the slight delay.

I tried with OpenGL and Metal to see differences but it's the same for both renderer.

Hi @madPXL 

Can you tell me what Wacom tablet you have please? Also, what macOS you are using and what version of Affinity Designer?

Does this also happen on all brushes or just a specific one in particular?

Hi @SPaceBar

Wacom Intuos Pro, last macOS Catalina 10.15.5, Affinity Designer 1.8.3.

The problem happens with every brush, every sizes (but increase if the canvas is bigger). I noticed that if I wait 2-3s before drawing after I'm using the "scrubby" zoom I have no latency for the first new input. And as I said, I have no problem at all on Affinity Photo.

I have the problem with the mouse too if I'm trying to draw with it.