You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problems with Colors for printing with epson from AP

Hallo ,

i have a problem to get a print with the same colours as i print out of photoshop.

Affinity Photo is a nice software but before i change completely i am trying all the tools and worksteps i usually use.

I am working for a very long time with icc profiles and usually with photoshop it is quite easy to come close to how it looks on my monitor.

I am working in colorcalibrated workflow so I have no idea why i feel like a beginner trying to print on my epson sc 800 on hahnemühle gloss baryta with the downloaded icc profile for the paper from affinity photo.

I am working with mac os 10.9.6

The prints always  look much too blue, somehow like cmyk files on RGB printer....definitly very wrong :(

Far from the images how they were taken.

I also tried on a newer MacOs System (the latest) but the same result.

It is a normal Tiff file raw developed wit affinity photo.

Has anybody the same problems?

Sorry for my english.

Cheers

Oliver

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Oriba,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble and my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here!

First, I'd like to look at getting your display issue sorted, so that the correct colours are shown on screen - then we can proceed with the printing issue.

Can you please open System Preferences>Display and let me know what Colour Profiles are in use for your monitor?

Secondly, I recommend reading the below article, as this outlines how colour conversion works in Affinity, and how best to setup the correct colour settings in Mac OS and within Affinity - 

https://affinityspotlight.com/article/display-colour-management-in-the-affinity-apps/

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!