You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity photos changing colour when exported

I'm new to Affinity but I am having problems with the colours changing when opening and exporting photos. The RAW photos are showing differently on opening in Affinity. Once they are developed and edited in the program further I then look to export. The problem I have is the actual exported colours are vastly different to the colours displayed in Affinity. Can anyone explain where I am going wrong? Windows system with good graphics intel.

Cheers :)

On 5/26/2020 at 11:26 PM, Lagarto said:

Which app are you using for viewing the exported files? And what kind of display do you have?

I'm using the computer base 'photos' app to test it on a high graphics monitor. This opens the PS edited photos without any issue (created by another person who edits with some level of skill) in complete colour so I'm certain its not the computer but something within AF and the settings there. The colour profile listed for the display is "scRGB virtual s2.13 device model system profile".

Now for whatever reason the photos just don't load to export. Allows me to click export ... never actually completes the request. 

Below is a snip of what I see vs a copy of what actually downloads (back in the day when it would actually do that 🤷‍♀️)

Capture.PNG

DSC_0136.jpg

Edited by SarahLB
Include additional information

On 5/26/2020 at 11:09 PM, StainX said:

Hey there!

Sounds like a color profile issue, try to test different Work Profiles in APhoto: Settings->Color

Also, you could check out those Color Profiles on export.

Cheers!

Hello, does this sound about right? The colour profile listed for my computer display is "scRGB virtual s2.13 device model system profile". I did try the adobe ones as well but technology doesn't appear to favour me :)