You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash on Adding to New Document My Preset

Hi

Sorry if this has been posted already but running Affinity Photo 1.8.3 on OS 10.15.4 and whilst trying to add a new document to my presets it crashes nearly every time and if it creates the new preset it will crash when I go to name it.  Quite frustrating as have many files to create for a new website and any time or actions saved is a blessing.

Hope this can be resolved or an alternative time saving routine suggested.

Alex

• Staff

Hi @Alf19,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

We had a few crash reports in the past when creating/renaming new presets but those were fixed. Since then we haven't received more reports. I've tried to replicate this on my MacBook but it's working fine for me. It's possible we may be missing some setting or detail. Do you mind recording a small clip of the whole app crashing while you performs these actions please? Thank you.

• 6 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @Flyms, @llbbl,
Thanks for reporting this. I've replicated the issue here. To fix it, press and hold CTRL while launching the application until a Clear User Data dialog appears, keep the first three checkboxes ticked only (otherwise you may reset all customisations you may have made to the app including custom macros, brushes etc) then press Clear. It shouldn't crash anymore after the reset procedure.

On 12/8/2020 at 7:48 AM, MEB said:

Hi @Flyms, @llbbl,
Thanks for reporting this. I've replicated the issue here. To fix it, press and hold CTRL while launching the application until a Clear User Data dialog appears, keep the first three checkboxes ticked only (otherwise you may reset all customisations you may have made to the app including custom macros, brushes etc) then press Clear. It shouldn't crash anymore after the reset procedure.

Thanks @MEB this fixed it. Give the Support team a high five or some nice scritches.