You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm trying to highlight a finely selected area of an image. I tried in multiple ways and I'm hitting the same problem so maybe I'm not going the right way or missing something. 

I tried creating a new layer with soft light blend mode and using a brush I can highlight some areas. The problem is that whenever I paint over an older stroke I get more highlight. How can I deal with the overlapping areas?

Same thing if I try to create a Quick Mask and paint the selection. If I try to fill the selection with a solid color, I see the overlapping strokes that I made in Quick Mask mode. 

Any suggestions about how I can make the strokes not overlap, but create one area?

post-16074-0-07232000-1438228174_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi adriangusa,

Welcome to the forums.

Use the Quick Mask and the Selection Brush to only select the areas you wish to change. Now click the Quick Mask icon to show your selection, now add a new layer and set the blend mode to Soft Light, set you colour and use the Flood Fill Tool (G). This should fill the selection evenly with your selected colour.