You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot use mouse after using the surface pen (+ other surface pro issue)

I work on Surface Pro 6, One main issue I am experiencing at the moment is that if I start using the surface pen to paint or do any action, then my mouse click isn't working anymore in the interface - I can click but nothing happens. At that point then I have to do everything with either the pen either my fingers. This is really annoying. This is valid for Designer & Photo.

Minor other issue is the scale when working with an extra monitor. If the second monitor is set to main and Affinity is used there, then the UI when opening documents, or the right click options are super huge. Other, if the surface screen is set to main, the UI for opening or saving documents is extra small. 

(Which leads me to another question, I thought I'd give a try to the version from the Store to get auto updates but it seems I have to buy it while I already have the windows version. Is it possible to somehow connect the paiement so we don't have to pay twice for the windows version?)

• Staff
44 minutes ago, Didier A. said:

I work on Surface Pro 6, One main issue I am experiencing at the moment is that if I start using the surface pen to paint or do any action, then my mouse click isn't working anymore in the interface - I can click but nothing happens. At that point then I have to do everything with either the pen either my fingers. This is really annoying. This is valid for Designer & Photo.

Minor other issue is the scale when working with an extra monitor. If the second monitor is set to main and Affinity is used there, then the UI when opening documents, or the right click options are super huge. Other, if the surface screen is set to main, the UI for opening or saving documents is extra small. 

Hi Didier A.

The issue with not being able to interact with the Interface is caused by Windows Ink. You can disable it in Edit > Preferences > Tools by unticking 'Use Windows Ink for tablet input' however this may cause it to not register pressure unfortunately. This is with development to be investigated.

The minor issue with scaling is unfortunately the way Windows handles scaling. Because the resolution is probably quite high (compared to the surface) on the extra monitor Windows display scaling kicks in so the dialogs don't look tiny. However when this dragged onto the other monitor the scaling is still applied making it look huge. Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do about that - its a downside of the way Windows handles scaling.

Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do with regards allowing customers access to both Affinity Store and Window Store versions. However when we update the application you will get a prompt in the app still that a new version is available.