You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using colors for stamp brushes

Do you want to:

* use some existing single-colour brushes to create multi-coloured designs, or;

* make multi-coloured brushes by using the graphics in your attached file, or;

* make your own multi-coloured flower brushes that look like those in your file?

Also, do you want to be able to make the brushes follow a curve, which can be modified, or do you just want to draw freehand with them?
The process will be different in each case so we need to know exactly what you want to do first.

P.S. There are some very nice Pixel (only usable in the Pixel Persona of Designer, or in Photo) flower brushes in the Resources section of this website: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/37866-flower-power-brushes (There may be others, so it might be worth searching yourself.)

Annotation 2020-04-29 084850.png

Hi @GarryP

i would like to

use some existing single-colour brushes to create multi-coloured designs.

You have excellent expression in understandable language. Thanks.

These days, just trying to learn something new. And designing some colors on these single color brushes have fascinated me.

Thanks for the resources. So few brushes i have. The next step is how to make these multi coloured.

If your brushes are Vector Brushes – those available in the Designer Persona – then you should be able to select the curve you have applied the brush to and then select a different colour in the Colour Panel or Swatches Panel.
If your brushes are not Vector Brushes then the process will probably be more difficult as you might have to draw on different layers and re-colour each layer.
I am not an expert on brushes but someone else should be able to help you better.