You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Keyboard shortcut overlay

For both Photo & Designer... can we have the Keyboard Shortcut overlay appear when you hold CMD on iPad? Every other app does this.

Though I love the new ability to customise the keyboard shortcuts, I’ll never use them if I don’t know about them! Sure, I could close my document, find the settings, find the keyboard shortcuts and then scroll through them...

But when every other app offers the overlay window anytime with a simple key press, can we have it too?

I consider this an expectation of an iPad app when using a keyboard. It helps make an iPad app feel like an iPad app, as well as making it so much more useful and accessible. I’d rather be able to see what my shortcuts are than customise them.

Pro apps that already do this:

• Procreate (From a friendly, easy-to-use perspective, this my gold standard pro UI)
  • Photoshop
  • Lightroom
  • Concepts
  • Mindnode
  • Microsoft Office apps.

5F9C625C-F237-48F7-8D0E-AB1A4583FF65.jpeg