You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Move nodes and objects together with node tool

The screenshot shows an example -- I would like the ability to translate the text and rectangle objects together with the two selected nodes.

One way this could be achieved is by adding a dummy node to the objects: If the dummy node is selected, the object will be moved together with any other selected nodes.

Thank you for considering this request!

Node Tool Selection.jpg

I would rather not covert to curves, so that I can edit the objects later on (ideally still as objects).  

For example, we cannot reformat text that is converted to curves unless we delete and remake the text from scratch.

On 4/13/2020 at 11:18 AM, JKerr said:

I would rather not covert to curves, so that I can edit the objects later on (ideally still as objects).  

For example, we cannot reformat text that is converted to curves unless we delete and remake the text from scratch.

Just to help me understand, how does this relate to the discussion in this thread?

I would like the ability to move selected nodes and objects together, and leave the objects *intact* if possible, so they can be edited later *as objects*.  Covert-to-curves is not a great solution because it destroys the object.

A fantastic solution would be if the objects had a dummy node, or lets call it a "handle" node, that would allow them to be moved using the node tool together with any other nodes.