You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I downloaded luminar 4 and when installing it via the preferences I noticed a list of plugins that I had no knowledge of. The status of each one was "unknown".I would like to delete them but cannot find a way. My oS is Catalina. I dont know where these plugins oriented from.

• Staff

Hi Badbilly,
In the Photoshop Plugins panel, Plugin Search Folders section, click the empty line on the top (above the /Applications line) then press the Remove button. Do the same for the /Applications line, then click Close. Restart Affinity Photo. The plugins shouldn't appear on the list on the left anymore.

These "plugins" appeared there because you have set the Plugin Search Folder section to search in the entire Applications folder so it's picking everything it can detect from various apps (probably some don't even work). Just follow the instructions above to remove them.

Worked a treat, thank you very much.

Ive used photoshop for some time now (although in a very limited capacity) but Affinity has become my firm favourite of late. Your prompt response to resolving my problem has impressed me too. Once again, thank you very much.

Regards

Badbilly

• Staff

Hi Badbilly,
See the screenshot below from your screen capture posted above. That's where you set up the folders Affinity Photo should search for.

plugin_search_folder.jpg

For example if you click Add there and browse/point Affinity Photo to 

Macinstosh HD/Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2020/Plug-ins/

all plugins installed in Photoshop 2020 will be listed in the list on the left (doesn't mean they will work, just that they are being detected as plugins).