You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Batch stacking

That's about it really! I export 46 Mpixel TIFFs out of Capture One, a dozen folders and 10-50 images per folders and would like to leave Capture One to stack them and just save the stacks overnight. Zerene Stacker does this for me for focus stacks, but here I'm looking for median stacking. Nothing sophisticated, I'd be happy with a .afphoto with the same name as the first stacked file in the source directory.

Would anyone else find that useful?

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I would like this too. Be able to have Affinity Photo cycle through all subfolders in a selected folder and stack all the files in each sub folder, saving out the stack as the 1st file name_stack. Stacking type, alignment, output type, etc, configurable in the dialogue box. This could be added as a 'batch' tab to the current stacking dialogue or as a stacking tab to the batch processing dialogue? It seems difficult to do this with current macros & batch processing at the moment but correct me if I'm wrong?

I have a smaller sensor camera and when shooting in higher ISO situations I switch to the highest burst/continuous setting (nearly 20fps) and each 'photo' I take is actually a burst of 10 or so nearly identical images, that I can stack later to reduce noise and offset some of the effects of the smaller sensor size. 

For my use it would be really excellent if such a batch stacking feature had the option to chose between using subfolders for stack groups or group images to stack based on their time taken (e.g. images taken within 2secs of each other are taken as a stack group). This would save me having to sort images into subfolders, but I appreciate that this is specific to my use!

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...