You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Assigned Profile

After the new update on Ipad for Affinity photo I'm having trouble opening my RAW images taken off my Nikon 3400.

When I open  them the have a message the reads Assigned Profile : Photo Ipad assigned your working profile (sRGB IEC1966 - 2.1 ) to this un profiled document. 

The image is very pixelated also. I have used this program for years and never had this problem. I also used it last week and worked fine on the photos of my last shoot. 

I tried to open those ones to and I am getting the same message with massive pixelation.  

• Staff

Thanks for letting us know, I'll pass it over to the developers to look into further. If you tap drag your RAW file in Photos over the Affinity Photo it will correctly open in the Develop persona.

Hi,

I have the same issue, I am using the Affinity Photo app on my iPad and can not open my RAW images in the app without it being fliped and very pixelated with the same message "Assigned Profile : Photo Ipad assigned your working profile to this un profiled document."

How can I open my RAW photos on my ipad without this issue?

Thank you!

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem on my I pad pro. When I downloaded my photos from my Nikon 3400 today I had the same message as above. I have never had this before and I don’t understand when the moderator says to drag the RAW file in photos over the Affinity Photo. Help!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have used Affinity on my IPAD Pro for a little over a year. Some RAW images from my Nikon D750 are appearing very pixelated and in a mirrored image or a rotated image with "Assigned Profile: Photo

Ipad assigned your working profile to this unprofiled document" attached.

We need to hear from the developers for a fix! I've lost too many photos to this problem. 

On 3/25/2020 at 1:07 PM, SMC said:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Staff

@Starbuck265Which workflow are you using to open your images? If you use Apple Photos consider the following workflows for opening your images.

1, Tap hold and drag the RAW file from Photos to our apps icon to then release.

2, Move you RAW files to cloud storage and import directly from that storage instead, this is the most common import method used.

Hi @Lee Dand others,

I have exactly the same issue, importing RAW portrait gives error while RAW landscape works fine. Using Nikon D5300 and importing from iPad photos.

Using Affinity Photo v1.10.5.280 and iPad OS v14.6

Error message: “Assigned Profile: Photo iPad asssigned your working profile (sRGB IEC61966-2.1) to this unprofiled document” and opens as 120x160px image

I wonder if this issue is due to affinity photo or in the importing from SD (using SD to lightning adapter). It appears some data in the .NEF is lost along the way…

Curious to see what’s possible since it severely hinders my workflow. I can’t edit half of my photos…

On 6/13/2022 at 5:56 PM, Lee D said:

@Starbuck265Which workflow are you using to open your images? If you use Apple Photos consider the following workflows for opening your images.

1, Tap hold and drag the RAW file from Photos to our apps icon to then release.

2, Move you RAW files to cloud storage and import directly from that storage instead, this is the most common import method used.

Thank you for your reply. I have been importing from an SD card to the Apple Photos App. It says it has both RAW and JPEG but I think that is not the case. So following your advise, I imported some RAW images to my files folder. Then opened Affinity and imported from the files bypassing Apple’s Photo App. This has fixed the problem. The annoying thing is I’ve been using the Apple Photos App as my go to storage for many years with no problems. Then this problem randomly occurred and now seems to be happening all of the time. Thanks again for your help.

• 4 months later...