You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I need a help for macro in affinity photo. Please move to relevant place if not appropriate topic in this section.

I need square image so I work the way as attached way.

E.g) I have 840x1300 images, and I changed it to square image(1000x1000).

I have tried to record the way I did in macro panel and ran for other image, but when I run the macro it shows original image.

Can anyone help me how to make a macro to run for new images?

macro exam.png

Here's a macro for you. Please note a few things:

1) You've got to start with a document that is 840x1300, as you described. It can be smaller than that (really, anything less than 1500x1500 would work) but the macros don't scale proportionately. If you resize the canvas or the document to a given measurement when you create the macro, those exact numbers are stored.

2) I have not added a Fill Layer, because I don't believe it's possible to specify a color for the Fill Layer when recording the macro. Instead, I added a pixel layer and used the Fill… command to specify that the layer be filled with white.

3) The Copy and Paste operations are not necessary. Instead, since the white pixel layer ends up on top, I have used the "Move Back One" command on the Arrange menu to move the white layer below the pixel layer.

4) All this assumes that you're starting with 1 layer, which contains the image. If you have added additional layers (of any type) before applying the macro, it won't give you the desired result.

5) This is a single macro file (.afmacro) not a macros category (.afmacros), so it must be imported into the Macro panel, not into the Library panel. If you want to keep it, move it into the Library into a category of your choosing.

Square Resize.afmacro

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

Here's a quickly updated version of the macro. This one is exactly the same, except that it will allow you to have multiple layers prior to using the macro. So, you can apply adjustments, filters, etc. to the image before you use the macro to resize and add the white background.

Square Resize 2.afmacro

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

• 3 months later...
On 3/18/2020 at 2:17 AM, chanjong lee said:

I need a help for macro in affinity photo. Please move to relevant place if not appropriate topic in this section.

I need square image so I work the way as attached way.

E.g) I have 840x1300 images, and I changed it to square image(1000x1000).

I have tried to record the way I did in macro panel and ran for other image, but when I run the macro it shows original image.

Can anyone help me how to make a macro to run for new images?

macro exam.png

Hi, 

Many thanks for your previous help.

I realized that most of my images are 700~1200x1500.

I am currently resizing jpg files to keel balance.

Could you help more to get same results  from 700~1500 size files?

Regards

• 4 weeks later...