You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Organizing Presets in New Document screen

I have recently started using Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer and have noticed a feature that would be useful. The feature would be the ability to sort presets by name, date created, etc. When you have lots of presets it will make working with the program much more pleasant. Or to have the presets automatically organized by name order so that they are automatically reorganized as presets are added.

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...

This feature request is highly underrated and gets way too little attention in my eyes. I just found some time for managing my New Document presets today—so I thought—and was really annoyed that Serif's apps are missing such a basic feature yet again. What kind of developer/programmer decided to add the option of saving own presets  for new documents without the option of managing them in some sort? Sometimes I wonder if they even test beyond 1-2 items for their features ("it's working, let's do something different").

Regulars in this fora all know, Affinity Apps are all about workarounds. But no—organising the presets in an external spreadsheet, deleting all of them in the Affinity app and add them anew in the desired order (e. g. alphabetically) is not a feasible workaround!

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)