You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Find in Layers Panel should work when more than one object is selected

The Find in Layers Panel command is awesome, and I use it all the time!

A problem I run into with it is that if I have more than one object selected it doesn't work, this causes me to change my selection then run it, then re-select to get back to my original selection. It would be very beneficial if it did work when I had multiple objects selection.

I know that it is not always possible to show all selected objects in the panel because they are too far apart in the list, so ideally how I would like it to work is to find the last object selected and bring this into view.  Why the last object?  The reason for having the panel reveal the last one is that you can add an item to your selection and then find it, or deselect and re-select an item to find that item while keeping your overall selection intact.

Another issue I have with the find in layers panel command is that sometimes I have to run it twice, because the first time it runs it just bring the upper group to the bottom of the layer panel and does not expand it. I'm not sure exactly sure what causes this as it happens very often to me, probably about 25% of the time.