You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Newbie Help - Adjusting CMYK and RGB values

Hi,

I am completely new to Affinity Photo and I don't have a PS background, only LR.

I have watched the tutorial vids and I am really excited about this program.  I need help to get started with making adjustments to skin tones using CMYK and RGB values if someone could help me with a step through.

I am accustomed to scanning the skin for the values and making the adjustments through exposure, temp and tint in LR but want to fine tune with exact values in Affinity.  I am just not sure how I go about setting up the process though using masks and layers.

thanks in advance! :)

I can pass alone some guidelines:

For CMYK which can be used in Photo:

White Skin

High values magenta and yellow are almost equal with yellow slightly higher and cyan is a third to a quarter of yellow

Asian Skin

Cyan is a third of magenta and yellow is about a quarter more than magenta

Black Skin

Magenta and yellow are equal (magenta can be less but skin can look greenish) and cyan is 40% of that

There is an entire book on Skin:

For Lightroom:

Average Skin 79.0% R 69.5% G 62.3% B

Medium Skin 81.3% R 70.4% G 60.7% B

Dark Skin 70.3% R 61.7% G 55.0% B

Using a non-highlight area, Green equals approximately .87-.88 times Red and Blue equals approximately .85-.90 times Green

In Photo, you have a white balance in Develop Persona and one in Photo Persona.

If you can scan and adjust by eye, then do it that way. Guidelines are not the most accurate and adjusting in CMYK is not for the faint of heart. Dan Margulis wrote a book on Color Correction but Amazon says it is only available used. He has a new book out but it is about correcting in LAB.