You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Perspective Tool, needs to allow guides while live

Hello…

I've been using the "Perspective Tool" in place of the "Transform" feature that I use with Photoshop.

While trying to skew and straighten images, I'm used to dragging in guides while the transform mode is active…

However with Photo I'm finding that the perspective tool doesn't allow dragging in guides while active, I've been getting around this by predicting where I would want the guidelines before using the tool which is more work.

It's very very convenient to just do this on the fly, as one doesn't have to cancel or apply just to go back to add in additional guides (or remove).

I would assume this improvement would apply to the Mesh Warp tool also?

What I'm asking, perhaps Photo overall should just allow guides to be placed onto the canvas even while certain tools are actively live.

Thank you

A work around is to go to the View menu and select Guides Manager...  It will let you add and move guides numerically without changing tools.  It's not exactly what you want but it might be useful.

oooh, thank you Coranda… just tested as the workaround does work!

But, Using the guides manager is not nearly as intuitive as just dragging it precisely where needed.

Seeing the guides placed using the manager while the tool is active however does give me hope that it's possible this ability can be added after all in a later build. :)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.