You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A couple errors today - Got freeze saving the file, then the app couldn't open it

Hi everyone. Reporting my issue with the app today. 

It got frozen when saving a file. I had to force it to close. Then when trying to open the file again, this happened. 

Here is a video in regards of the first: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YJ1TvNsU2eUMIP1QZ49gFKUpBDa1PD4O/view?usp=sharing  . I am attaching a screen shoot concerning the second. 

Hope it helps you guys for future improvement.

–Diego. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 3.04.42 PM.png

• Staff

Hi @das454,

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Do you happen do still have that file that did not want to save opened? You could try to create a snapshot in the Snapshot Studio and create a new document from snapshot, and see if that saves fine. 

As for the other ones which doesn't open, can you attach it here so we can have a look?

2 hours ago, Gabe said:

Hi @das454,

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Do you happen do still have that file that did not want to save opened? You could try to create a snapshot in the Snapshot Studio and create a new document from snapshot, and see if that saves fine. 

As for the other ones which doesn't open, can you attach it here so we can have a look?

Hi Das454. Sorry I can't go through Snapshop Studio right now, quite busy Monday over here. 

However,  I will be please in attaching the following, which might be useful: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bQYY7v-tbjWC4nyXJPoJN4gBUxv-kJOL/view?usp=sharing 

May you share me a DropBox link I can use to privately attach such a file? I can't make such a file publicly available. 

Thanks,

–Diego. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gabe. Sorry about my late reply. I didn't noticed my thread was answered until now. 

So, the file for which I started this thread, I'll try to find it. Since I needed to move forward with my work, I just got restored a Drive version previous to the error and replaced the original file. I do know Drive should have that damaged file version, so if you think that would be useful for your team, I'll get sometime this week to find it and share it. 

Nevertheless! I did have a similar error just right now, and I uploaded the file with the error, just another file, to the DropBox folder shared above. I hope that helps you. Here is what I got today. I was just working as usual on a file, when an error message appeared, the app got closed, and when trying to open the file once again: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QiW6bruv10pnH8wdNFtpQYIfajhEkYA8/view?usp=sharing

Best, 

Diego.

And here I am sharing yet another issue with the app today, related to this file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qoo5-bihuytvDB76XILpLylG61JnvXmy/view?usp=sharing 

Guys, I have tried really hard to give this app a chance on my workflow against Adobe for over three months now. And I continue to allocate some of my day to day projects to be done with this app. The app is absolutely amazing, it really is. But I can't just rely on it... I really hope it gets fixed anytime soon. Really hope not to have to go through this forum again to talk about fixes, since the ideal is me to be focused in getting work done with affinity instead. 

• Staff

I've had a look at those files. In your latest video you're trying to open that file, but it does not download (See the circular progress next to the name)image.png. It looks like the file is still "online only" and it cannot download it. When you were trying to save it, it probably was the same scenario. It was trying to save to a location which could not access, and could never complete the saving process. 

We never recommend working directly off cloud drives, but do make the file available locally, work on that, and sync when needed. This way, you would not face any Sync issues.