You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[584] "(Layer)" container layer Lock weirdness

In this very simple Layer Lock?.afpub file, there is a "(Layer)" container layer with a single large rectangle in it plus another rectangle not in that container. All layers are locked so I do not expect to be able to select anything with the Move Tool.

However, if I drag the Move Tool to do a marquee selection, sometimes I can select the rectangle in the "(Layer)" container & sometimes not. For example, if I start slightly above & to the left of the large rectangle & drag downward & to the right, if the rectangle is not selected then if I start slightly below & to the right of the rectangle & drag upwards & to the left, it may (or may not be) selected. Sometimes, the reverse is true -- if dragging in one diagonal directional doesn't work, the other one often does, but sometimes only on the second or third try.

I have Preferences > Tools set to "Select object when intersects with selection marquee" but this does not seem to have anything to do with it. Single clicks won't select anything but a marquee selection often will, whether or not the marquee encloses the large rectangle or just touches it.

The file was created entirely in the 584 beta, with the "(Layer)" layer created in the Designer Persona via StudioLink. All betas are the most recent ones; the OS is as in my sig.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

5 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Seems some delay for the program to notice if the lock is set.

On my Mac this does not seem to true. In fact, I can lock everything, save the file, quit & relaunch the beta & reopen it with no effect on the hit or miss selection.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.