You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

After watching an extremely helpful video on the forum I have finally been able to load the Nik filters plugin which appeared to be functional.

When I tried to use a filter though I got the message shown in attached file.

post-7302-0-75526100-1436875759_thumb.png

Any suggestions please?

I get the same message. I click OK and the message goes away but the software does not crash and the Nik plugin does not work. Therefore the plugin is installed correctly but still does not work. So please Affinity; what is going wrong?

I emailed Nik Software and got a nice email back saying 

On another note, we have no new information regarding whether our engineering team will expand the software's compatibility for use with Affinity Photo. However, I can submit your suggestion on your behalf to allow the engineering team to decide if they will add compatibility for future software versions. All you've got to do is respond directly to this email stating so.

​I had already checked the compatibility list and Affinity is not there. I can run Silver Efex in demo mode but the licence does not work. I have requested the addition.

NIK will work with Affinity.

Get NIK to load into a new folder by pressing + option during the installing process. You the set the search folder address in Affinity preferences plugin to your new folder and the support folder to"/". Note the latter is usually found by selecting your hard drive.

Nice part of this solution is that it is independent of any other application.

This has also been dealt with elsewhere in the forum by others.

NIK will work with Affinity.

Get NIK to load into a new folder by pressing + option during the installing process. You the set the search folder address in Affinity preferences plugin to your new folder and the support folder to"/". Note the latter is usually found by selecting your hard drive.

Nice part of this solution is that it is independent of any other application.

This has also been dealt with elsewhere in the forum by others.

"Nik will work with Affinity". Yes, probably someday, but for now only the efex modules will work.