You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Final Cut Pro hell.......

I usually use PS to bring in layers into Final Cut Pro and this time I used Affinity and its completely jacked up and unusable. The background picture is warped beyond recognition. I used all three options on the .psd export and they all result in utter crap. 

I even brought it into PS, and it seems fine, but when I save it out and import into FCP, its still a warped mess.

I don't want to redo the whole file but its looking like I might have too. There is even a .psd export option within Photo for FCP and that made it seems like they were on the ball, but this is a mess.

It opens up in PS, Photo and Preview properly, but not in FCP. I have never had this issue or concern with PS. If its on my ends, let me know what I have done wrong. If its on  your end, you need to know as this is something that should be addressed. 

Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 6.11.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 6.11.58 PM.png

• Staff

Hi @MrPArtTeacher,

It sounds like a problem with your FCP setup. While there might be issues with how PSD is compiled and interpreted by other apps, there is no such thing with PNG. If it's a PNG issue, it either works or it doesn't, and that applies to all apps. If that PNG does work in anything else but FCP, I suggest you get in touch with FCP support and see why. 

Gabe,

With all due respect, I have no problems with pngs, tiffs of psd files from other sources. Since its one been files what was created within Affinity Photo, I am hard pressed to believe its FCP. You see that one common element is Photo. So I am interested in understanding why you think its FCP?

I did find a way to have it not so jacked up, but still not perfect. The background layer that I brought in was a screenshot, so a png file. I replaced that with a jpg of the same image and its much better. Its not warped, but its off some, but far far better. 

I post this here to help Affinity become better. Its nothing more to share to make sure that Affinity can succeed. When every other png, tiff or psd file works in FCP except the ones created in Affinity Photo and you want to say its must be FCP it seems like its more about protecting Affinity than understanding there is an issue with out Affinity is exporting files. 

If I was having issues with other files than I would agree with you, but I don't. 

There has been no jpgs that don't work. Its the psd files. At the moment I am trouble shooting and one of the things i have found that has made a better file is that I replaced the background file which was a screenshot, so a png with an exported jpg of the same image. Its not warped but there is some odd lines in it. 

I will get you the files, but my first concern is getting this prepared for delivery. I am in China where the virus is causing issues and since I am on a track that I think can solve this issue I am having I will continue with it. 

I will send you all related files and what I found along the way soon. Where do I sent it too?