You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Keep DPI when exporting to PSD

• Staff

Hi MBS,

Welcome to the forums :)

Could you please confirm for me:

• What export settings do you use when exporting the PSD?
  • What application are you opening the PSD in on your computer?

Thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

52 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Hi MBS,

Welcome to the forums :)

Could you please confirm for me:

• What export settings do you use when exporting the PSD?
  • What application are you opening the PSD in on your computer?

Thanks in advance!

I`m opening in Photoshop Cloud 

D4CBC9D7-5EA0-4F85-8695-AADE743CE1E4.png

• Staff

Thanks for your screenshot, these settings certainly seem to be no issue.

12 minutes ago, MBS said:

I`m opening in Photoshop Cloud 

Apologies, are you referring to Photoshop CC 2020 on the desktop, or the iPad Photoshop app?

I've tested by exporting a 300dpi document from Affinity Photo iPad, then opening this PSD in Photoshop CC 2020 on my desktop and the 300DPI value was retained.

Could you please provide a copy of your Affinity document here so I can investigate this further for you?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

1 hour ago, Dan C said:

Thanks for your screenshot, these settings certainly seem to be no issue.

Apologies, are you referring to Photoshop CC 2020 on the desktop, or the iPad Photoshop app?

I've tested by exporting a 300dpi document from Affinity Photo iPad, then opening this PSD in Photoshop CC 2020 on my desktop and the 300DPI value was retained.

Could you please provide a copy of your Affinity document here so I can investigate this further for you?

Yes it is Photoshop CC 2020. Maybe I don`t know how to set the dpi value. It`s a RAW Photo and when I save in Photoshop as a PSD, it always save in 300 dpi. Maybe it`s a question of settings. Can You tell me how to set the dpi to 300 dpi ?

Could You please tell me where to set the dpi i Affinity  program on my iPad when I save. Maybe that`s the problem. I don`t change anything, I just export. But as I wrote earlier, when I save a PSD i Photoshop it always save in 300 dpi.

• Staff

Thanks for letting me know!

I've attached a quick screen recording below of how to check the DPI of the document. If you wish to change this value before exporting to PSD then I recommend unticking Resample before inputting the new DPI value, otherwise this will affect the physical pixel dimensions of the document.

I hope this helps :) 

Please note -

Many thanks!