You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

visibility of panels in separated mode

I usually work in separated mode on my Mac. 

I have two huge displays to view my document in full screen AND put most of the expanded panels on the other. There are gaps between them becaouse I like to temporarly put eg. the brushes near the center of my main screen for fast access. Afterwards I put it back.

So I don't fill the second screen completely with the panels, and the underlying Finder-windows are not very easy to tell apart where you click.

A mac-typical shadow around the panels would help here.

I compared it to Indesign and there is no shadow too, but it is more visible. Maybe we just need a darker outline/border in Light Mode?

Publisher LightMode:

287789158_Bildschirmfoto2020-01-08um10_32_15.thumb.png.60a13d3fccfefc86688e9e85585ce63c.png

InDesign CS5

1975834316_Bildschirmfoto2020-01-08um10_45_31.png.bd4aa1b3e6bd0cc42e95f3eea86668cf.png

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);