You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have Affinity designer, which I want to create and cut images on my Roland vinyl cutter.  When I create text for example, and convert it to curves, my cutter sees it as an image only and not a text cut file.  I have been using an old version of CorelDraw as a vectoring programme, where I can convert text to curves and my Roland sees it as a line rather than an image.  As Affinity is a vector package does anyone know how I can get over this?  Running on windows

Edited by Inprint

Hi Inprint - I have used Affinity Designer quite a lot with my Summa D60 machine. I always export as eps and it works fine. What are you doing? I don't know what Roland cutters are happy with but I'd be surprised if eps files are not okay.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

Hi

roland is just another cutting machine same principle as the Summa (I had one of those a while back).  Roland runs through CutStudio software - which does not recognise an eps.  In Corel I have a plug in - I create my text, press the plugin and it appears in CutStudio as a cut line.  If I take an jpeg image into CutStudio I can convert it to a cut line.  
I just cannot get anything to work via affinity to cut via the roland

• 9 months later...

Hi Inprint,
I hope you have solved your problem.
I also work with a Roland vinyl plotter and Inkcsape. In Inkscape it is possible to import your Affinity, or other vector graphic files (.ai, .svg, ...) and export these files (with a plugIn) directly to Roland CutStudio.

Edited by Imker

• 2 years later...

The Inkscape plugin does not work for my version of the software. I may be running on an older version. Have we managed over the last 3 years to figure how to get CutStudio to read files from either Inkscape or Affinty Designer? I have both and really do not want to get ANOTHER software like CorelDraw or AI.