You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Seeking guidance on working with RAW .dng files from an unsupported camera

Is there any guidance I could check out--tutorials, YT, etc.--on tips for working with RAW .dng files in AP 1.7x/1.8x from a new Canon camera that is unsupported (so is the EF-M 18-150 lens, although some of the other popular EF-M lens are supported such as the 18-55 and the 55-200)?  

Obviously I can still import the .dng files that I converted from CR3 just fine into AP.  And can edit them in the RAW processor, or sometimes I use Digikam or Darktable to work on the RAW files as well.  But none of these apps, including or especially AP, yet support the EOS M6 Mk ii camera.  (ETA:  Digikam 7.0 beta actually does support CR3 and the EOS M6 Mk ii now, as it has incorporated the latest libraw update, but it's not ready for production use yet).  I'm pretty confident that AP will eventually add support for the .CR3 Canon format, as well as the camera and lens, since they are all pretty popular mainstream options.  But in the meantime, I'm stuck using an Adobe subscription that I don't ideally want to have, because I'm not a pro at working with RAW editing and don't want to spend countless hours messing with my RAW files in order to get them into the software and looking good.  Because Adobe recognize the format/camera/lens, it saves a lot of time.  

If I could find good guidance on how to work with RAW when your camera/lens are unsupported, I might be able to get by in AP without needing Adobe.  

Regarding unsupported lenses, have look at this post.  It doesn't look like the EF-M 18-150 is supported by lensfun (yet).  

How do the Adobe processed CR3 files differ from the DNG files you've processed in other apps?  Are the differences consistent enough to allow macros to sort them out?

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

The CR3 pics processed by ACR seem to have truer, richer colors.  In the converted DNG, it seems to take an extreme amount of fiddling to get the pics to the same natural looking colors that ACR produces immediately upon opening the image.  I am sure that this is 'fixable' in a DNG, as it has the same raw data ultimately as the CR3, I'd have to just figure out common settings and create a preset in another app.