You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

3d 16:9 sbs from a 3d 180 sbs insta360 evo - any workflow?

Hello:

I've got this new Insta360 EVO that takes very good 180x180 3d side-by-side (SBS) photos.  These photos are intended for use with dedicated viewing software that changes the perspective.  What I'd like to do is to apply the perspective to both sides of this photo and then pan to a 16:9 section that I can extract and save as either jps (jpg) or tiff file that I can then view on my 3d TV using active glasses.  Is anyone aware of how I might get this done?

insta360_evo_3d_example.dng

Edited by ksdehoff
clarity of sbs

• Staff

Hi ksdehoff,

I'm not 100% sure on what the workflow for something like this would be.  What changes to the perspective are you wanting to make?  If you can get the image in a SBS format, you can use the Projection option in Affinity so you can then pan around the image and use the different tools as needed and then export when finished.  How that would then work on the 3D TV, i've no idea.