You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

23 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

If you're sending out to a printing company, possibly you can just give them a PDF exported using the All Pages option for the Area setting, rather than the default All Spreads. They should be able to handle the necessary page imposition from that.

There is an additional cost for them to do the imposition. While I'm not adverse to paying for that, I wanted to try and research, and learn how to prepare the file myself.

22 hours ago, MikeW said:

Does the print establishment want an imposed pdf?

Yes, they did want a print ready file, which they described as imposed, and gave me the details for the bleed, as well as asked for crop marks to be included. I could have asked them to do it (for a price), but I also wanted to learn how to do it myself for future projects as well.

Apologies for not replying sooner - I had hit my forum post limit for the day!

18 hours ago, Rodi said:

Export single page pdfs with bleeds, nomarks. Imposition software will take care of the saddle stitch. I always make the exported file size of full sheet plus 1/8" bleed so 8.5 x11 is 8.75 x 11.25.

Remember to extend bleeds out.

I set file up with bleed from the start.

I regularly remove marks from supplied pdfs, but it's always better to have the page the way I described, your items will be in the position you set them in, with no chance of change since only bleed is included.

Try the link below from your exported pdfs.

http://www.imposeonline.com/instructions.php

I use Qoppa pdf studio pro 2019. Works like a charm.

Cheers for this! I will try it out!