You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Issues with export and unable to change document type

Hello, 

Just purchased Designer. I'm having issues re export, and was advised to post here. I cannot export basic vector images to png without very obvious blurriness, as per the attachement. For example., if i wanted to make a basic info graphic for my website i would previously (using Gravit Designer) enter the designer size of canvas and design and export accordingly. On Designer, i am running into problems. Furthermore, i cannot change the document set up type. Despite me selecting 'web' it is locked to 'print' as per screenshot- perhaps this is the cause of the issues. Sometimes it gave me the option to change the print type, but it reverted back to Print. This is very frustrating and i'm concerned that i have just bought the software and run into these issues straight away, so hoping for some help!

Thanks

Screenshot 2019-12-07 at 20.51.05.png

tedt.png

Edited by jlondon

• Staff

To export and retain vector you will need to export to a file format that supports vector as PNG is raster based like JPEG. Try exporting to SVG or PDF may be the most compatible for you. In terms of Document Setup the Type is just sets of pre-defined page setups (sizes) and colour modes, as soon as you change anything it switches to Custom so don't worry about this.

Hi Lee,

Thanks for this. Regarding vector images, i know a PNG won't export as vector, however i wouldn't expect it to be pixellated so much. So, even though I start the document as 'web' and it automatically then goes to 'print' it will not have any affect on my work? The canvas size does change, it's just surprising that the 'type' changes to Print, regardless of what i select. Surely it should change to whatever preset i select? Is this not a bug?