Sign in to follow this  
Ikikuru

Editing a layer wants adding perspective distortion

Hey Guys,

So I can draw a rectangle for instance, and and edit the fill colour and opacity as I’d expect. However as soon as I add a distortion to the rectangle, whilst still selected, I can no longer edit the colour or opacity. The layer was a pixel layer before the perspective distortion and is a pixel layer after. It’s really frustrating and I can see no valid reason for it. Any ideas? Is this a bug?

5 hours ago, Ikikuru said:

Hey Guys,

So I can draw a rectangle for instance, and and edit the fill colour and opacity as I’d expect. However as soon as I add a distortion to the rectangle, whilst still selected, I can no longer edit the colour or opacity. The layer was a pixel layer before the perspective distortion and is a pixel layer after. It’s really frustrating and I can see no valid reason for it. Any ideas? Is this a bug?

That’s because of Affinity’s whole core functionality...

The rectangle is a vector shape on it’s own layer when you created it, but, as soon you make any change to the the form to the rectangle (with filters) it became rasterized and converted to a ordinary pixellayer...

If you wish to have another functionality to this, use Affinity Designer instead, Affinity Photo is a pixelbase app and Affinity Designer a vectorbase app, although they both can do both vector and pixel work... They overlap each other...