You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text follows path --> not anymore?

RolWg

Hello together, 
no matter what I do - Affinity Designer no longer assigns text to a form.
I draw a circular shape, click on text, move the mouse on the shape border until it changes to the special icon, click, write and have text in normal line form.
The circle no longer displays green and red triangles. What am I doing wrong or where is the bug?

• Staff

Hi RolWg,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
From your description seems you are doing everything right assuming you have selected the Artistic Text Tool (the icon is an "A") and not the Frame Text Tool (the icon is a "T"). Can you post a screenshot of the app with the object visible/selected and the Layers panel visible? Thanks.

20 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi RolWg,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
From your description seems you are doing everything right assuming you have selected the Artistic Text Tool (the icon is an "A") and not the Frame Text Tool (the icon is a "T"). Can you post a screenshot of the app with the object visible/selected and the Layers panel visible? Thanks.

Well - seems that the cursor doesn't change to this specific icon. Only directly on the circle-line it turns to black. I have merged two screenshots to demonstrate two different mouse-positions. 

affinity-des-text-form.jpg

• Staff

Hi RolWg,
If you place the cursor exactly over the blue line (path) of the ellipse does the "A" cursor/icon seem to disappear?  If so, what seems to be happening is that the cursor it changes to when you hover the path is totally black and so becomes almost invisible (it's a T with a small wave below). It's still there and if you click and start writing it should work. Do the following: hide/disable the black layer you have below in the layer's stack first so you have a lighter background to check against then try again. You should see the T with the wave cursor against the lighter background colour. Let me know if this indeed the issue or if it still doesn't work for you.

Hi MEB,
because I didn't have time anymore, I copied in and changed a layer like the one I wanted from an older file.
That worked. Even in new (empty) files, the mouse icon switches to the T-Wave.
It must have been the file (which I had closed and reopened several times, the error remained. A switch only happened
when I was exactlyexactly over the line. But when I clicked then/there, I got normal Text.) .
Thank you for trying to help me.

Best regards