You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

brighter picture from develop persona to photo persona

• Staff

Hi Willem de Lange and Welcome to the Forums,

Are you running Affinity on Mac or Windows?

Also when you leave the Develop Persona, do you have any of the options on the 32-bit Preview Studio enabled? If you can see this, click View>Studio>32 Preview and you should see the panel.

• 4 weeks later...

I see this same type of behavior on my windows machine but I would explain it a little different. To me the raw image seems to open too dark. In other words, when I open the same raw image in Affinity Photo and the windows photo viewer the image is much darker in Affinity Photo. Then when I modify exposure and press "Develop" the image brightness changes to too bright as I enter the photo editing persona. So I see the same change in image brightness when I develop but it seems the develop persona is the one showing the brightness wrong. Another thing I noticed is the navigation panel seems to show the correct exposure. See attached image.

I don't get what you are saying about the 32-bit Preview.  It has Exposure 0, Gama 1, and ICC selected. HDR is not selected.

The raw image is a Sony AWR file. I am using Affinity Photo trial 1.7.

Thanks for any help you can give me as I'm very hopeful that Affinity Photo is my photo editing solution.

...Gary

InkedAffinityPhotoDevelopAsOpened_LI.jpg

• 6 months later...

For some more details. I had this problem on my Surface Pro 7 with its built in display and a replacement unit I got from MS. The fix was to do in Settings -> Display -> Advanced Display Settings -> Display adapter properties for Display 1. On next windows select "Color Management" tab and press "Color Management". On next window that pops up select Advanced tab and press "Calibrate display". My displays calibration wasn't off, but I think doing this type of calibration sets something that fixes the issue even though the calibration isn't visually different.

Once this was done I needed to exit and restart Affinity Photo.