You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Rich multipage Publisher templates to download?

Hello,

Do you have any sample templates without actual images which might have typographically well done items (like text styles, master pages, with some harmonised colors, base line grids) available to download. It would be nice to have such to starting point to have. Thanks in advance!

With the best regards

Erkki

Welcome to the forums.
Have you tried downloading any of the Samples (from the Welcome screen)?
They’re very nice and they’re by the people who bring you the software so you should be able to trust their work.
I'm not sure how many of the software features they use but they are a good starting point.
P.S. They come with images but you can remove them if you need to.

Hi Garry,

Thanks for the reply! I saw only two samples. The results of both of them  are good looking but not done "systematically" as I wanted.

I have used several years InDesign and using its "pro" functions which Publisher seems to have, too! There are surely small different approaches like I have found eg. "Base concept" found in Text styles which is missing in InDesign.

I hope to find a sample which could be using elements like "head, subhead, lead-in, body, first paragraph of the body", containing automated base line grid .... etc. 

Ps. I found a surprising problem with hyphenation! How to have hyphenation for my needs (finnish, estonian, swedish). ???

Thanks in advance Garry!

Erkki

It will probably be difficult to find a sample document that uses a lot of the “pro” features of Publisher this early in the lifetime of software.
Publisher has only been in existence for about a year so many people are still finding their way around and best practices in lots of areas are probably not fully realised. There are so many ways of achieving most results that it will be difficult to get agreement on which way to do all kinds of things.
I think all we can do at this point is to experiment and find our own preferred ways to do what we need to do while watching for better ways as they come up.
One way to find improvements is to create something and then post it in the forum asking if there’s a better way. Either that or post a link to an example and ask how it could be done. You’ll probably get some varied replies that will help in some way.

P.S. As for the hyphenation issue, if you ask that as a separate question you are more likely to get an answer.