You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export in PDFX1A will not impose

I have a 28 page booklet in A5, therefore it requires A4+ paper as it has bleed, but not on all pages. It prints OK locally using "print" directly, but on trying to export to PDFX1A (or X3/4) for my pro printer the result is the spreads come out in normal sequence, not imposed for printing double-sided. Have I missed something as a new guy on the block, or is this a missing feature ?

Just to add to this: I have W10 v1903 and AP1.7.3.481. One extra query. If I add a single page early in the document, the page numbers from the twin master pages do not change sides L to R correctly. Just to check, I have tried the same things in  PPX9 and it works correctly. See the two attached files showing the PDF results.

SampleAP173481a.pdf

SamplePPX9a.pdf

44 minutes ago, Pietro345 said:

Just to add to this: I have W10 v1903 and AP1.7.3.481. One extra query. If I add a single page early in the document, the page numbers from the twin master pages do not change sides L to R correctly. Just to check, I have tried the same things in  PPX9 and it works correctly. See the two attached files showing the PDF results.

If you export as a PDF you are not using the Print dialogue boxes so you shouldn't expect any kind of imposition. If you print to a PDF driver (Adobe or other) and make sure the page size is larger enough to contain the crop marks & bleed (A3 for example), then you should get imposed spreads with crop marks & bleed.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM