Please Click here to download the latest beta for Windows
Status: Public Beta
Purpose: General Testing
Hi, we have a preview of build 145.
As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents.
We hope you enjoy the product, and as always, if you've got any problems installing or running up, please don't hesitate to post in this thread.
Any problems actually using this version please make a new topic in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum. Many thanks for your continued feedback.
New Features and Fixes
- When creating a document, added option to create multiple pages
- Also added option to automatically create and assign a master
- Also added bleed margin settings
Menus / Toolbars / Studio
- (Windows) The View > Studio list is now sorted alphabetically
- (Windows) Fixed Alignment popup 'Distribute' UI disable glitch
- (Windows) Fixed crash dragging Layers / Styles into Pages Panel
- (Windows) Fixed crash when creating a new assets category
- (Windows) Force Pixel Alignment is now turned off by default
- (Windows) Fixed picture frame properties fitting mode highlight
- (Mac) Fixed page indicator content clipping
- (Mac) Resetting Workspace now resets panel widths correctly
- (Mac) Fixed panel widths getting reset after restart
- (Mac) Fixed some large UI fonts issues with 'Preferences'
- Fixed import of margins from afdesign / afphoto files
- PDF import text spacing improvements
Document and Page Management
- Pages now inherit master page margins unless overridden
- Fixed calculation of margins when converting to / from a facing pages document
- Fixed drawing glitch with facing master pages and 'Clip to Canvas'
- Fixed incorrect duplication of guides from source page when adding pages
- Added Pica units to 'Spread Setup' / 'Add Master Spread' / ruler units menu
-- The ruler units menu is missing on Windows, will be added soon
- Document units are now honoured when setting up bleed in 'Document Setup'
- Fixed master page name editing / commit glitch
- (Windows) Fixed glitch adding facing page masters after changing document setup
- (Mac) Fixed some large UI font issues with 'Add Master Spread' dialog
- Fixed issue with gradient fill tool with gradients applied to text frames
- Rotation gesture is now disabled by default in Preferences (for Publisher only)
- Fixed issue with stroke weights when pasting between documents with differing DPIs
-- We are aware of other DPI pasting issues, please bear with us
- Fixed instances where Symbols were not detaching correctly
- Changing text frame gutter / column widths no longer changes the frame width
- Added command to distribute column widths equally on a multi-column frame
- It is now possible to link gutter widths on a multi-column frame to keep them in step
-- Changing linked gutter widths can unbalance columns widths, will be fixed soon
- Fixed placement of wrap shape when editing wrap shape of grouped child
- Fixed text wrap issues with vector cropped objects
- Fixes for interaction of text indents and text wrapping
- Fix for calculation of OpenType character widths with certain combinations of attributes
- Fixed for text frame baseline grid not drawing correctly in some cases
- Character Panel decoration line style and Stroke Panel line style now update in sync
- Fix for Text Styles Panel not refreshing after being unhidden
- Fixed auto-resize of text for single lines of text in an overflowing frame
- Fixed crash editing TOC styles after deleting all text styles
- Fixed text AutoFlow issues with pages with pre-existing content
- Updated tool drawing for text flows containing hidden text frames
- Fixed auto hyphenation issues for text with diacritics etc
- Fix for spelling highlight not being updated when applying a Table Format
- Improvements to Title Case / Sentence case for languages other than English
- Selecting text within lists improved
- The 'Next Page Number' text field has been renamed 'Next Frame Page Number'
-- Because this is what it does. Useful for e.g. 'Continued on'
- Fixed crash using some Autocorrect replacements in some languages
- (Windows) The text frame 'Ignore Text Wraps' option is now correctly initialised
- (Windows)Fixed issue reverting text style stylistic set variants to 'No Change'
- (Windows) Fixed issue setting text styles right optical alignment
- (Windows) Fix for words with soft hyphen being shown as misspelled
- Resource Manager layout improvements
- Fixed crash when cancelling some Resource Manager operations
- Colour space for un-profiled PNGs is now assumed to be sRGB
- Changing column count using the onscreen control could be unreliable
Export / Print
- Fix for N-Up left / top gaps being ignored
- Better check for space characters when printing (catches Times New Roman 'LSEP')
- Single spread documents can now be exported as individual pages
- Fix for inner bleed not being honoured for leading / trailing pages when exporting to PDF
- (Windows) Fix for custom print paper dimensions not respecting units
- (Mac) Book and booklet printing on Mac now honours bleed
- (Windows) Fixed Document Thumbnails not displaying in Explorer
As well as the fixes in the earlier updates
Thanks for the new Beta
Installation was working witout any Problems and the new Document --> New Dialog looks very well
The transforming issue that i reported is not fixed but i think the time from reporting to the new beta was to small. So i wait and hope that it will be fixed in the next beta.
Thank you for your work
I wrote yesterday, but now i must write again.
The PDF Import works very well and very good. All i have to do is to convert my .indd Files to PDF, import them to Publisher and save them as .afpub files. I can edit the PDF Files before i save them, fonts and text styles and formatting will be taken over and much more.
For me and my work it works well. It´s great.
Congratulations for this Software. I´m looking forward to the final Version.