You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo or Designer for digital art and drawing?

Hi, I have all of the Affinity software apps. I am going to get into digital drawing and painting. What would be better to use, Designer or Photo? I am just curious as to which software is better for this seeing that they have similar tools.

It really depends upon what your specific needs are. Photo excels as a pixel-based image editor. While you can draw with it and create all sorts of designs, most of its tools are intended to edit or modify existing images. 

Designer, on the other hand, is intended for creating vector-based drawings, which can be scaled up or down without pixelation or deterioration. At the same time, Designer has pixel-based tools to assist in certain features. 

This video may help make their differences and individual strengths a bit clear. Many of us find that we need BOTH tools rather than only one.