You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New to Designer and can't import SVG to Cricut Design Space

19 hours ago, LittleZDesigns said:

Chrisr!

I'm super new to Affinity Designer, and I've been going through everything I can think of to make an SVG and I was curious how you got it to work on Affinity to upload it to Cricut Design. Was your original work on Affinity? Or did you import a jpeg/png and work from there?

I’ll be perfectly honest—I still haven’t had the time to learn Affinity Designer! I did import the image into AD and exported it into Design Space.  It ended up not working out for me because it was too difficult to weed and the image was way too big, but that’s another issue. You might want to join a Facebook group called Affinity Designer for Crafters. There are a few people who use a Cricut there who would be glad to help you. Also, Jennifer Maker has a blog and Facebook page on working with SVGs for Design Space. She uses Adobe Illustrator and Inkspace, but I’m sure the concepts would be the same for AD. You might want to look her up.  She is advertising a course for designing your own SVGs (using those programs). Early bird registration is over. It was $100 last night for $149 I think.  If you are interested, maybe you could email her and ask if you could still get that price and ask if it would be useful for Affinity Designer users.  

I wish I could be more help. I also wish I was more disciplined and took the time to learn the program. I see so many people doing great things with it for their Cricut. There’s a good opportunity for someone to make some money teaching AD for the Cricut, I think! 

Chris